AVAM's Flicks From The Hill
Free Flicks on Federal Hill: Thursdays July 11–Aug 22!
FREE family films screened on Federal Hill in The Hughes Family Outdoor Theater
- When: Thursday nights: July 11 – August 22, 2013
- What Time: Screenings @ 9pm, AVAM open & free 5-9pm on flicks nights.
- Cost: FREE!
- Where: On Federal Hill
Flicks From The Hill is on TRAVEL + LEISURE's list of "World's Best Free Stuff," Check it out!
Grab a blanket, picnic under the stars, and watch a great film selection inspired by AVAM's current exhibition, THE ART OF STORYTELLING: Lies, Enchantment, Humor & Truth! The Hughes Family Outdoor Theater features seating for more than a thousand on the natural amphitheater formed by Federal Hill; a 30-foot wide screen held from above by a Giant Golden Hand; a twinkling view of the city; and an amazing community experience that is FREE. Find out why AVAM's 'Flicks' series was listed by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the "World's Best Free Things," and frequently tops many other "Best of" lists around the city. And don't forget, the Museum is OPEN & FREE between 5pm and 9pm on Flicks nights! American Visionary Art Museum is located at 800 Key Highway, Baltimore Inner Harbor, MD 21230 (Map), phone: 410-244-1900. Movie rain location (inside): AVAM's Jim Rouse Visionary Center, 3rd floor.
2013 FLICKS SCHEDULE:
- All screenings at 9pm & FREE!
- July 11: West Side Story (1961, Dirs. Jerome Robbins, Robert Wise)
- July 18: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (1985, Dir. Tim Burton)
- July 25: Rear Window (1954, Dir. Alfred Hitchcock)
- Aug 1: Raising Arizona (1987. Dir. Joel Coen)
- Aug 8: Cry-Baby (1990, Dir. John Waters) -- Members' Pick!
- Aug 15: Finding Forrester (2000, Dir. Gus Van Sant) **6-9pm Shinier Happy Things Workshop**
- Aug 22: The NeverEnding Story (1984, Dir. Wolfgang Peterson) **4-8pm Sketchbook Project's Mobile "How To" Tour coming to AVAM!**