MOSAICS with Rick Shelley
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2013
- What Time: 10am – 4pm
- Cost: $100, $75 Members (Join Today!)
A One-Day MOSAIC WORKSHOP with Rick Shelley! Come and learn the ancient art of mosaic. You will get a chance to learn about a variety of techniques and walk away with your own finished piece of art.
Schedule for One-Day MOSAIC Workshop:
- 10:00 – 11:00: Learn tools, cut mirror and stained glass, then watch Rick do a quick demo on making a small mosaic with glue on wood.
- 11:00 – 1:00: Make a small mosaic or two.
- 1:00 – 2:30: Bring a brown bag lunch and watch a fabulous slide show (fresh mosaics are drying in the sun or under a fan as we munch) then a quick walk to examine The Visionary's own mosaic treasures.
- 2:30 – 4:00: Grout the mosaics, clean up, a few brief demos, questions, trouble shooting for projects, etc.
Supplies will be provided, and participants are welcome to bring some of their own (shells, buttons, glass, beads, pebbles, etc. are welcome), but please be sure to PACK A LUNCH.
Advance registration & payment is required, please call (410) 244-1900 to register for this workshop. Don't delay, space is limited!
Cancelations for workshops must be made 5 days in advance in order to receive a full refund. Each of our workshops has a limited number of registrants and usually a wait list is started. We would like to offer everyone a fair opportunity to participate in the workshop and time to contact them in case of cancellations. Workshop registrants wishing to cancel their registration less than 5 days before the workshop date will have their fee considered a donation to the museum and our educational programs.
Future MOSAICS Workshop Dates:
- Saturday, February 1, 2014
- Saturday, June 21, 2014
- Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Saturday, December 6, 2014
Please Note: Workshop dates subject to change depending on availability & enrollment, please stay tuned to our Calendar for any possible event changes.