Facility Rental Manager
3/8/23, 9:00 PM
The American Visionary Art Museum seeks a dynamic Facility Rental Manager to manage all activities for space rentals at the facility, including the planning, organizing and controlling of rental events to meet goals, quality customer service standards, museum standards and revenue objectives.
• Manage and train Facility Rental Assistant.
• Hires, trains, schedules and supervises part-time event managers.
• Schedule and conduct site visits with clients and vendors.
• Prepare and maintain overall timelines/time flows for events.
• Draft contracts, issue invoices, receive and manage all payments.
• Provide area event vendors with Museum facility rental marketing materials.
• Maintains contact list of past and potential clients.
• Coordinates with the appropriate departments the schedule of rental events held at the facility.
• Available by cell phone during evening events to assist Event Managers with emergency situations or to deal with questions or issues that are beyond their scope or ability to handle.
• Answer all calls & emails in a timely manner. Provide all rental information to potential clients.
• Works with AVAM management to manage AVAM’s exclusive caterer agreements.
• Order new event space supplies as needed (new tables & chairs, AV equipment, etc.). Contract and work with outside vendors to purchase, maintain, or repair event space equipment (kitchen equipment, AV equipment, etc.
• Tracks monthly expenditures to ensure attainment of budget goals.
• Assists CFO/COO in projecting rental income objectives, creating and maintaining annual budget. Provides CFO/COO with rental information needed for the annual audit or internal reporting.
• Works as an Event Manager for large scale/high profile events, or in instances when no part -time Event Manager is available to cover a shift.
• Facility rental marketing through advertising, special events such as the Wedding Happy Hour, social media and networking.
• Works with AVAM in developing a strategic marketing plan to increase rental income.
EDUCATION PROGRAMS/SPECIAL EVENTS
• Coordinate food, beverage, and event equipment for AVAM events when needed.
• Works with other AVAM departments as needed to determine room floor plans, timelines, and other event needs.
• Handles all BEOs & RFPs for all AVAM events when needed – catering, menu selection, staffing, décor, AV, music, valet, etc.
• Coordinates with vendors for event rentals, including linen, china/glassware/flatware.
• Partners with local catering & event professionals for donations and sponsorships, including beverage sponsors, décor, lighting, equipment, entertainment, etc.
• Provide Maintenance and Security space set up and breakdown instructions.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred and 3 or more years of professional experience in hospitality, event planning, group sales or related field (preferred).
• Minimum 3 years management experience (preferred).
• Exceptional interpersonal, communications skills (oral & written), organizational skills, and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
how to apply
Send cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.