10/21/22, 5:00 PM
AVAM seeks a hands-on Maintenance/Janitorial Technician responsible for general maintenance, janitorial and repairs of all physical components of the museum’s campus. This is a full-time hourly position reporting to the Director of Maintenance. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• General maintenance, janitorial and repairs.
• Responsible to follow and note daily checklist.
• Participate in major cleaning and storage projects.
• Assists with loading and unloading materials needed for AVAM events/projects.
• Ensures proper facility preparation for special events (both AVAM and facility rentals) – set up/breakdown stage, sweep & mop event spaces, set-up/breakdown tables, etc.
• Backup for the Janitorial Supervisor.
• Regularly checks HVAC and Security systems and reports problems to Director of Maintenance.
• Inclement weather – responsible for snow and ice removal; flood watch, power outage, etc. Is an essential employee for inclement weather. Must report to work during all inclement weather occurrences including scheduled days off.
• Maintains outside grounds – power wash, sweep, water garden, pick up debris/trash, etc.
• Maintains outside sculpture garden and all other plants.
• Responsible for minor plumbing repairs (clogged toilets, clogged grease trap, etc.).
• Checks and replaces light bulbs.
• 2+ years of building maintenance experience.
• General knowledge of mechanical equipment found in large public buildings, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchanger, pumps, variable speed drives, hot water heater, fan coil units, pressure regulator valve, pressure and temperature gauges, actuator valves.
• Experience and proficiency in the use of all maintenance equipment and tools.
• Sensitivity to the safety and security procedures necessary to protect personnel, visitors, and public property.
• General maintenance will require heavy lifting, pulling and pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crawling and crouching, climbing ladders, operating scissor lift.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Dependability, punctuality and excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
how to apply
Send cover letter, resume, three professional references to jobs@AVAM.org Subject: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN –FIRST AND LAST NAME