7/20/22, 8:00 PM
The American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM) is seeking a part-time (20 hrs/week) Marketing Associate to help support and promote programming, exhibitions, fundraising, and other initiatives.
• Working with various teams (facility rentals, education, exhibitions) to promote their work
• Developing and executing a social media plan (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok)
• Writing Media Advisories & Press Releases for events
• Composing weekly newsletters through Mailchimp
• Developing and executing promotion/marketing plans for events
• Reaching out and/or responding to businesses and schools to develop partnerships and cross-promotional opportunities
• Replying effectively to Google reviews
• Helping set up tours and press interviews with Executive Director or other Staff
• As needed, assisting with tours/interviews with Executive Director or other Staff
• Fielding and providing succinct replies to marketing emails, solicitations, and inquiries
• Helping direct and/or performing website updates
• Other marketing/communications-related tasks as needed.
Candidate must be a team player with the following proficiencies: Strong writing skills; social media expertise (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok); effective verbal skills and composure publicly or on-camera if needed; competence with Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Mailchimp or Constant Contact valued. Bachelor’s degree/degree-seeking in related field preferred.
how to apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to email@example.com or mail to AVAM, 800 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attn: Human Resources. EOE.