“One of the most fantastic museums anywhere in America.”
AVAM specializes in original thematic exhibitions that seamlessly combine art, science, philosophy, humor and especially social justice and betterment.
farmer/artist VOLLIS SIMPSON
“I had a lotta junk and I had
to do something with it.”
for self-taught and intuitive artistry
- Wed, Aug 11WebinarAug 11, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDTWebinarJoin us for a very official Kinetic Sculpture Race primer, just for educators! Hear from actual folks who have done it: They’ve assembled a team, designed and built a vehicle, and participated in the race. Bring your questions about the race, and we’ll have answers.
- Sat, Aug 14AVAMAug 14, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM EDTAVAM, 800 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230, USAGain insights into our various outdoor sculptures, including our newly-restored "Meditation Chapel" by artist Ben Wilson and our hypnotic "Cosmic Galaxy Egg" by Andrew Logan. Free with museum admission, which is sold separately at avam.org/tickets. The outdoor tour is weather permitting.
- Sat, Aug 21AVAM's Tall Sculpture BarnAug 21, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDTAVAM's Tall Sculpture Barn, 820 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230, USAJoin us for an in-person, drop-in, art workshop. Create a flower crown, in this hands-on program that complements our current show "The Secret Life of Earth." Workshop cost: $5 cash/credit payable on site. Supplies included while they last! Drop in any time 10am-12pm. Recommended for ages 7+.
- Thu, Sep 09OnlineSep 09, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDTOnlineDive into the fantastical world of Betsy Youngquist, who uses the texture of beads to transform found objects into gorgeous sculpture. Her work has been featured by the Smithsonian Craft Show and has exhibited at AVAM. The live studio tour includes an interactive audience Q&A with the artist.
- Sat, Sep 11AVAMSep 11, 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM EDTAVAM, 800 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230, USAThis docent-led tour gives insights into our various outdoor sculptures, including our newly-restored, just reopened Meditation Chapel by artist Ben Wilson. Free with museum admission, which is sold separately at avam.org/tickets. (Choose 10am or 11am.) The outdoor tour is weather permitting.
- Tue, Sep 28Webinar