6/24/21, 4:00 AM
AVAM seeks a hands-on Building Manager responsible for the maintenance of all physical components of the museum’s campus. Understand, monitor performance and direct maintenance of the fire, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, facilities/maintenance and technical engineering services in accordance with operational objectives; administer department’s short-term and long-range goals and budget as it relates to infrastructure and the physical plant, and oversee special projects, all in accordance with the Museum’s policies.
• Direct all preventative maintenance programs and necessary repairs.
• Assist in hiring and training maintenance staff, including seasonal employees.
• Maintains schedule for maintenance coverage at the museum.
• Works with maintenance staff to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve museum objectives.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of maintenance supplies, materials and equipment.
• Performs regular inspections and maintenance and repair work, as needed.
• Ability to be “on call” for emergencies at all times.
• Occasional weekend and evening work for Special Events.
• Ensure all Facility Rental and Event spaces are prepared for use.
• Responsible for campus landscaping maintenance; snow removal (on site equipment and secures heavy snow equipment removal contractors).
• Execute or direct all maintenance work orders to ensure that job assignments and work orders are carried out promptly, efficiently and courteously.
• Answer all support requests necessary and in a timely manner.
• Maintain the shop and storage areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
• Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance staff correctly wears and uses safety equipment.
• Solicits bids for outside contract work and schedules and supervises outside contractors.
• Works with CFO/COO to execute capital initiatives.
• 3-5 Years of Building Management experience with responsibility for budgeting, liaison with contractors, physical building and equipment repair and maintenance, and energy efficiency.
• General knowledge of mechanical equipment found in large public buildings; boilers, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchanger, pumps, variable speed drives, hot water heater, fan coil units, pressure regulator valve, pressure and temperature gauges, actuator valves.
• Knowledge of construction and building trades; electricians, boiler and chiller mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, cement masons, welders.
• HVAC universal certification and/or College Degree in related field preferred.
• Experience and proficiency in the use of all maintenance equipment and tools.
• Sensitivity to the safety and security procedures necessary to protect personnel, visitors, and public property.
• General maintenance will require heavy lifting, pulling and pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crawling and crouching.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Dependability, punctuality and excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to lift 40-70 pounds.
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the CFO/COO. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
how to apply
Send cover letter, resume, three professional references to jobs@AVAM.org Subject: BUILDING MANAGER –FIRST AND LAST NAME