12/29/22, 8:30 PM
AVAM seeks a hands-on Building Manager responsible for the maintenance of all physical components of the museum’s campus. Understand, monitor performance and direct maintenance of the fire, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, facilities/maintenance and technical engineering services in accordance with operational objectives; administer department’s short-term and long-range goals and budget as it relates to infrastructure and the physical plant, and oversee special projects, all in accordance with the Museum’s policies.
• Direct all preventative maintenance programs and necessary repairs.
• Assist in hiring and training maintenance staff, including seasonal employees.
• Maintains schedule for maintenance coverage at the museum.
• Works with maintenance staff to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve museum objectives.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of maintenance supplies, materials and equipment.
• Performs regular inspections and maintenance and repair work, as needed.
• Ability to be “on call” for emergencies at all times.
• Occasional weekend and evening work for Special Events.
• Ensure all Facility Rental and Event spaces are prepared for use.
• Responsible for campus landscaping maintenance; snow removal (on site equipment and secures heavy snow equipment removal contractors).
• Execute or direct all maintenance work orders to ensure that job assignments and work orders are carried out promptly, efficiently and courteously.
• Answer all support requests necessary and in a timely manner.
• Maintain the shop and storage areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
• Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance staff correctly wears and uses safety equipment.
• Solicits bids for outside contract work and schedules and supervises outside contractors.
• Works with CFO/COO to execute capital initiatives.
• 3-5 Years of Building Management experience with responsibility for budgeting, liaison with contractors, physical building and equipment repair and maintenance, and energy efficiency.
• General knowledge of mechanical equipment found in large public buildings, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchanger, pumps, variable speed drives, hot water heater, fan coil units, pressure regulator valve, pressure and temperature gauges, actuator valves.
• Knowledge of construction and building trades; electricians, boiler and chiller mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, cement masons, welders.
• HVAC universal certification and/or College Degree in related field preferred.
• Experience and proficiency in the use of all maintenance equipment and tools.
• Sensitivity to the safety and security procedures necessary to protect personnel, visitors, and public property.
• General maintenance will require heavy lifting, pulling and pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crawling and crouching.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Dependability, punctuality and excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to lift 40-70 pounds.
This is a full-time salaried position reporting to the CFO/COO. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
how to apply
Send cover letter, resume, three professional references to jobs@AVAM.org Subject: BUILDING MANAGER –FIRST AND LAST NAME