Virtual Face Vessel Workshop with Rotto Grotto
Time & Location
About the Event
Make your own grotto-inspired Face Vessel in this live virtual workshop with artist Becca Kacanda of Milwaukee, WI. This class includes your personal kit that contains everything you need to make a 6-inch Face Vessel: a glass bottle, mortar, shells, tiles and other assorted treasures. Kits are available for shipping, or local pick up at AVAM.
In addition to the kit and printed instructions, you are invited to join a 1-hour, live online gathering with Becca, where you will be introduced to the grottoes and visionary art environments of the Midwest that inspired the project. The artist will also take you through the process step-by-step, including how to mix mortar and embed objects onto your vessel.
Your Face Vessel Kit will include:
-1 cup of mortar
-1 mixing cup
-2 mixing sticks
- assorted shells, tiles, glass gems, pennies and other treasures to embed on your vessel
- printed instructions
You will also need:
- clean workspace
- a wet rag
- a measuring cup to measure water
- face mask (a dust mask or covid mask will work)
- feel free to also include items you have at home for this project
Note: Plants are not included in the kit, so it is recommended that you choose a plant that you would like to use as your Face Vessel’s “hairdo”!
- General Public Registration$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service feeSold Out
- Museum Member Registration$35+$0.88 Service fee$35+$0.88 Service fee